Terms & Conditions for PADI and EFR Courses
Effective date: 1 January 2014
Dear divers and clients, below are the Terms & Conditions for PADI diving courses and EFR courses offered by Ocean Elements Sdn Bhd, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Clients who enrol in any of the PADI or EFR courses and upon registration, make a payment for those course(s) to us, are deemed to have fully understood and agreed to abide by the following terms and conditions. Registration here means filling up of the "Student Record File" or PADI forms or other forms supplied to the client by Ocean Elements Sdn Bhd or simply by making an initial payment for the course(s):
- Clients registering for the PADI Open Water, Advanced Open Water or Rescue Diver course shall make a payment of minimum RM500 upon registration.
- Clients registering for the PADI Divemaster course shall make a payment of minimum RM900 upon registration.
- Clients registering for any of the PADI Specialty courses or EFR courses shall make a payment of minimum RM200 upon registration.
- Once the initial payment has been received by Ocean Elements Sdn Bhd, we shall hand over to the client, within a time period agreeable between Ocean Elements and the client, a set of original PADI or EFR learning material relevant to the course registered.
- If a client who has registered for a course but has not received any learning materials, then decides not to continue with the course, Ocean Elements Sdn Bhd shall refund 100% of payment received from the client.
- If a client who has registered for a course and has received the relevant learning materials, decides not to continue with the course, Ocean Elements Sdn Bhd shall refund to the client an amount of money equal to the payment received from the client, less the current retail price (as published by PADI Asia Pacific) of the PADI or EFR materials provided to the client. In this case, Ocean Elements Sdn Bhd shall be under no obligation to accept the return of the PADI or EFR material from the client, in any condition.
- In the case where Ocean Elements Sdn Bhd or the client himself/herself has made arrangements with a PADI or EFR instructors to teach a theory class (Knowledge Development session) or swimming pool (Confined Water) session but the client then failed to turn up at the agreed location for the class or session for any reasons, whereas the said instructor did arrive and ready to teach, then the client shall be required to pay the instructor RM50 to cover the instructor's travel expenses to that location.
- Ocean Elements Sdn Bhd shall be under no obligation to refund any amount of money to a client who joins a dive trip organised by Ocean Elements Sdn Bhd with the intention of completing open water dives in order for him/her to be certified for the PADI diving course registered, but failed to complete all the required dives or other course requirements due to any reasons.